What documents do I need to prove I own the rental property?

We share sensitive credit information on our Credit Check reports and therefore we need to verify each landlord as the owner of the rental property if you are ordering a Credit Check for the first time.

We can accept anything except utility bills to prove ownership of the rental.

First, we will need a copy of your driver's license.

Then we would need any one of the following:

  • Tax Bill
  • Mortgage Statement
  • Homeowners Insurance
  • Deed
  • Closing Statement
  • Copy of HUD-1 Statement

You can email us your documents at screening@rentprep.com or fax them to 1 (888) 887-1491. 

If you only have a physical copy and do not own a scanner, you can snap a picture of the document with your smartphone and email it to us as well.